Tug Boat Captain
Essential Job Functions
- Work as directed by Operations and/or Project personnel
- Stand wheelhouse watch on assigned vessel
- Comply with all state and federal regulatory requirements
- Preparation, management and facilitation of safety meetings and safety drills
- Complete Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and or Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA)
- Delegate daily tasks to crew to ensure operational readiness
- Abide by company and worksite safety policies to achieve a “Safety First” workplace
- 10+ years total experience with at least 5 years of experience in a Captain role
- High School diploma or equivalent
- This position requires fluent use of the verbal and written English language
- Ability to work rotational 12‐hour watch
- Ability to work 14 days on, 7 days off, revised as necessary
- Strong knowledge of industry related software
Certifications or Licenses
- Master of Towing endorsement
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Driver’s license
- Must be able to tolerate rough seas, vibrations, heat, harsh weather conditions, confined spaces, and high noise levels
- Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb ladders that
have capacity limits of 300 lbs.
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted
Equal Employment Opportunity
Benefits at Hooks
We work hard to ensure that employees are compensated at or above industry standards.
Give us a call to discuss current rates.
Medical, Health & Dental
Medical insurance available after 60 days of employment. After 1 year, the employee's medical is covered by the company.
Health & Dental available after 90 days of employment.
401(k) + Matching
After 1 year of service, all employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with matching based on years of service.
Interested in a Career?
Advance your career within the dredging industry today! Browse our job openings and easily apply online with just a few simple clicks.