Essential Job Functions
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Accurately enter data into databases
- Accurately prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Assist with internal/external requests for information
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording of financial transactions and compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts and sub-ledgers
- Prepare various surveys, censuses, and reports for external organizations
- Ensure that strong internal controls are in place to safeguard the company’s assets
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Degree in accounting with 3 years of work experience is preferred; or 5 years of experience minimum
- Familiar with MS Office software, and accounting or ERP software
Certifications or Licenses
- Will occasionally travel to a project site to go over accounting/purchasing processes.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls.
- Minimum physical exertion.
- Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, phone, and similar machines
Equal Employment Opportunity
Benefits at Hooks
We work hard to ensure that employees are compensated at or above industry standards.
Give us a call to discuss current rates.
Medical, Health & Dental
Medical insurance available after 60 days of employment. After 1 year, the employee's medical is covered by the company.
Health & Dental available after 90 days of employment.
401(k) + Matching
After 1 year of service, all employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with matching based on years of service.