Site Safety & Health Officer
Essential Job Functions
The SSHO conducts daily safety and health inspection and maintains a written log which includes area/operations inspection, date of inspection, identified hazards, recommended corrective actions, estimated and actual dates of corrections.
- Minimum of three years of continuous experience within the past 5 years in supervising/managing dredging, marine or land-based construction, work managing safety programs or processes, or conducting hazards analyses and developing controls in activities or environments with similar hazards.
- Must be able to work 14 day-on/7 day-off- 12 hours a day shift.
- Must be willing to travel and live on assigned dredge when applicable.
Certifications or Licenses
- OSHA-30 Hour construction Safety course or an equivalent 30 hour of formal safety and health training covering the subject of the OSHA-30-hour course.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License
- Must have a TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential )
Equal Employment Opportunity
Benefits at Hooks
We work hard to ensure that employees are compensated at or above industry standards.
Give us a call to discuss current rates.
Medical, Health & Dental
Medical insurance available after 60 days of employment. After 1 year, the employee's medical is covered by the company.
Health & Dental available after 90 days of employment.
401(k) + Matching
After 1 year of service, all employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with matching based on years of service.
Interested in a Career?
Advance your career within the dredging industry today! Browse our job openings and easily apply online with just a few simple clicks.