Reliability and Maintenance Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Work with existing associates to become familiar with current Operations, Maintenance, and Reliability policies, procedures, and personnel
- Provide direction in technical matters to maintenance technicians and supervisory personnel
- Troubleshoot Dredge operation and equipment in order to maximize asset reliability and efficiency
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert regarding mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation equipment
- Mentor and train maintenance technicians (new and existing) to provide increased equipment effectiveness and to ensure program sustainability
- Conduct Failure Analysis on critical assets and equipment to eliminate root cause(s) of failure and develop improvements to prevent future occurrences
- Participate in the quality assurance of new builds and modifications to assure adherence to functional specifications
- Review current maintenance policies and procedures to optimize maintenance program effectiveness; develop improvements to decrease asset downtime
- Ensure Technicians have proper training, equipment, and management support to accomplish maintenance tasks safely, effectively, and on time
- Create, optimize, and validate asset PM’s and PM frequencies
- Review and develop spare part requirements and ensure proper stock levels of critical equipment
- Implement Computerized Maintenance Management System to optimize maintenance program effectiveness
- Abide by company and worksite safety policies to achieve a “Safety First” workplace
- BS in Mechanical Engineering is highly preferred; however, all candidates with extensive experience in reliability and maintenance management will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years experience with degree; or minimum of 15 years without degree
- Standard office hours and travel as needed
Certifications or Licenses
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to, stand/or sit, squat, turn/twist, reach, use hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to hear, walk including daily on concrete surface, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, and smell. The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job is physically demanding at times and requires manual dexterity, eyesight, mobility and requires a high level of concentration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Benefits at Hooks
We work hard to ensure that employees are compensated at or above industry standards.
Give us a call to discuss current rates.
Medical, Health & Dental
Medical insurance available after 60 days of employment. After 1 year, the employee's medical is covered by the company.
Health & Dental available after 90 days of employment.
401(k) + Matching
After 1 year of service, all employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with matching based on years of service.