Essential Job Functions
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Implements and manages policies and procedures for purchasing and contract management.
- Evaluates and approves conditions for issuing and awarding bids.
- Resolves grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Coordinates removal or disposal of surplus materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others.
- Understanding of business and management principles.
- Understanding of mechanical equipment preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software is required. Experience with ERP systems is preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 10 years of Direct Purchasing experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in purchasing with at least 3 years in a supervisor capacity.
Certifications or Licenses
- Will occasionally travel to a project sites or supplier locations.
- Frequently required to sit, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects, tools, or controls.
- Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, phone, and similar machine.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Benefits at Hooks
We work hard to ensure that employees are compensated at or above industry standards.
Give us a call to discuss current rates.
Medical, Health & Dental
Medical insurance available after 60 days of employment. After 1 year, the employee's medical is covered by the company.
Health & Dental available after 90 days of employment.
401(k) + Matching
After 1 year of service, all employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with matching based on years of service.