Essential Job Functions
- Devise comprehensive project plans that are in line with client objectives and regulatory requirements, particularly those set forth by the US Army Corps of Engineers and state governments.
- Liaise effectively with clients, stakeholders, and internal teams to meet all project specifications.
- Assemble and oversee project teams, including engineers, surveyors, quality control managers, and other necessary roles.
- Ensure environmental considerations met for all of our dredging projects, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Monitor project progression, including scheduling, equipment mobilization, and cost management.
- Identify potential project risks, including equipment malfunction and weather disruptions, and devise strategies to mitigate them.
- Prepare and submit timely pay applications for ongoing projects in compliance with contract requirements.
- Ensure client satisfaction upon project completion and secure necessary certifications and documentation.
- Represent our company professionally in meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Pursue ongoing improvements in project management process and dredging technology applications.
- B.S. in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of project management experience, preferably within dredging or marine construction.
- In-depth knowledge of dredging equipment, techniques, and quality control measures preferred.
- Experience in budgeting and resource management for dredging or related projects.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills to effectively lead cross-functional teams and interact with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, particularly in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Experience working with US Army Corps of Engineers projects preferred.
Certifications or Licenses
- PMP, CAPM, or similar certification is desirable.
Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb stairs & ladders Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies, and parts up to 50 lbs., unassisted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Benefits at Hooks
We work hard to ensure that employees are compensated at or above industry standards.
Give us a call to discuss current rates.
Medical, Health & Dental
Medical insurance available after 60 days of employment. After 1 year, the employee's medical is covered by the company.
Health & Dental available after 90 days of employment.
401(k) + Matching
After 1 year of service, all employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with matching based on years of service.
Interested in a Career?
Advance your career within the dredging industry today! Browse our job openings and easily apply online with just a few simple clicks.