NCCCO Crane Operator
Essential Job Functions
- Safely operate lattice boom friction crane in marine conditions
- Clearly signal directions or warnings to coworkers
- Load and unload pipeline, anchors, dredge pump and cutter head parts, cables, and miscellaneous equipment
- Perform daily equipment inspections and maintain accurate records
- Clean, maintain, and lubricate equipment
- Perform related duties as required
- Follow company safety policies to ensure a safe work environment
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a crane operator.
- Exhibit thorough understanding of rigging/lifting operations.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- This position requires fluent use of the verbal and written English language
- Ability to work rotational 12‐hour watch
- Ability to work 14 days on, 7 days off, revised as necessary
Certifications or Licenses
- NCCCO preferred, or similar.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Driver’s License
- Must be able to tolerate rough seas, vibrations, heat, harsh weather conditions, confined spaces, and high noise levels
- Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb ladders that
have capacity limits of 300 lbs.
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted
Equal Employment Opportunity
Benefits at Hooks
We work hard to ensure that employees are compensated at or above industry standards.
Give us a call to discuss current rates.
Medical, Health & Dental
Medical insurance available after 60 days of employment. After 1 year, the employee's medical is covered by the company.
Health & Dental available after 90 days of employment.
401(k) + Matching
After 1 year of service, all employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with matching based on years of service.
Interested in a Career?
Advance your career within the dredging industry today! Browse our job openings and easily apply online with just a few simple clicks.