Essential Job Functions
- Move levers to position dredges for excavation, to engage hydraulic pumps, to raise and lower suction, ladder, and to
control rotation of cutterheads.
- Start and stop engines to operate equipment.
- Start power winches that draw in or let out cables to change positions of dredges or pull in and let out cables manually.
- Pump water to clear machinery pipelines.
- Monitor and verify depth of excavations, using industry software including Hypack and DQM.
- Accurately record production time and downtime including reasons for stoppage as well as record environmental
events including traffic, tide stages, weather, etc.
- Use VHF Marine Radio to communicate with USCG, Ports, and maritime vessels in the vicinity of dredge plant and
- Abide by company and worksite safety policies to achieve a “Safety First” workplace
- Ability to work 84‐hour work week
- Ability to live aboard vessel for full rotation
- Ability to understand hand signals and verbal commands in English
- Control Precision — The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact
- Multi‐Limb Coordination — The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg
and one arm) while sitting or standing.
- Depth Perception — The ability to judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from you, or to judge the
distance between you and an object.
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to
grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
Equal Employment Opportunity
Benefits at Hooks
We work hard to ensure that employees are compensated at or above industry standards.
Give us a call to discuss current rates.
Medical, Health & Dental
Medical insurance available after 60 days of employment. After 1 year, the employee's medical is covered by the company.
Health & Dental available after 90 days of employment.
401(k) + Matching
After 1 year of service, all employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with matching based on years of service.