Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
• Ordering inventory from vendors and suppliers and securing shipment arrival times.
• Managing inventory by stocking and cataloging products for a business
• Performing quality checks on stored inventory and discarding inventory that does not meet the company’s standards.
• Updating inventory count and maintaining inventory records to share with management and other stakeholders in the business.
• Reporting discrepancies in inventory that indicate theft, such as too little inventory at last count.
• Implementing loss prevention programs to prevent theft.
• Obtaining estimates and price details from different vendors to compare costs.
• Researching the accuracy of product details and testing new products
To effectively manage a business’s incoming and outgoing flow of products and supplies, an Inventory Clerk should have the following skills:
- Ability to use inventory computer programs to update counts and compile reports, such as spreadsheets.
- Mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent dexterity
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
Certifications or Licenses
- Valid Driver’s License
- TWIC Card
- Physical strength
- Physical stamina
Equal Employment Opportunity
Benefits at Hooks
We work hard to ensure that employees are compensated at or above industry standards.
Give us a call to discuss current rates.
Medical, Health & Dental
Medical insurance available after 60 days of employment. After 1 year, the employee's medical is covered by the company.
Health & Dental available after 90 days of employment.
401(k) + Matching
After 1 year of service, all employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with matching based on years of service.
Interested in a Career?
Advance your career within the dredging industry today! Browse our job openings and easily apply online with just a few simple clicks.