Essential Job Functions
- Assist the outside crew with routine inspections and repairs of dredge
- Perform all welding repairs and maintenance aboard dredge
- Make repairs to pipeline on dredge or at shore disposal area as necessary
- Assist the outside crew with normal operations when no welding projects are available
- Abide by company and worksite safety policies to achieve a “Safety First” workplace
- Previous welding experience, technical training may count as experience
- Ability to work 84‐hour work week
- Ability to live aboard vessel for full rotation
- Ability to understand hand signals and verbal commands in English
Certifications or Licenses
TWIC ‐ Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend, lie down, or stand for long periods of time, and climb stairs & ladders
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies, and parts up to 50 lbs., unassisted
Equal Employment Opportunity
Benefits at Hooks
We work hard to ensure that employees are compensated at or above industry standards.
Give us a call to discuss current rates.
Medical, Health & Dental
Medical insurance available after 60 days of employment. After 1 year, the employee's medical is covered by the company.
Health & Dental available after 90 days of employment.
401(k) + Matching
After 1 year of service, all employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with matching based on years of service.