Essential Job Functions
- Checks fluid levels in engines, swing drives, transmissions, final drives, differentials, hydraulic system and cooling systems
- Takes fluid samples from engines, swing drives, transmissions, final drives, differentials, hydraulic system and cooling systems
- Changes Engine oil and filters, fuel filters, and air filters as necessary.
- Check and evaluate all mechanical functions to ensure correct operation.
- Check belts and hoses to ensure proper operating condition
- Keep equipment cleaned and well maintained
- Participate in all repair and maintenance activities
- Abide by company and worksite safety policies to achieve a “Safety First” workplace
- 0-5 years’ experience in basic maintenance and mechanical services
- Ability to work 84-hour work week
- Ability to live aboard vessel for full rotation
- Ability to understand hand signals and verbal commands in English
- Applicant must provide their own hand tools
Certifications or Licenses
TWIC – Transportation Worker Identification Credential
Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb stairs & ladders
Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies, and parts up to 50 lbs., unassisted
Equal Employment Opportunity
Benefits at Hooks
We work hard to ensure that employees are compensated at or above industry standards.
Give us a call to discuss current rates.
Medical, Health & Dental
Medical insurance available after 60 days of employment. After 1 year, the employee's medical is covered by the company.
Health & Dental available after 90 days of employment.
401(k) + Matching
After 1 year of service, all employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with matching based on years of service.