Essential Job Functions
- Secure tow lines to the dredge, scows, dredge tender or attending plant
- Splice and repair cables and towing ropes
- Assist with the lubrication of machinery
- Load and unload materials from the dredge, deck barges, scows and miscellaneous dredging equipment
- Sweep and wash down all decks on the dredge and attending plant
- Chip and paint decks and superstructure of the dredge and attending plant
- Assist with work on the pontoon line, submerge line, scow or attending plant
- Assist with work on the anchors and spud systems
- Assist with cleaning of the pump and work on the cutter head
- Abide by company and worksite safety policies to achieve a “Safety First” workplace
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work 84‐hour work week
- Ability to live aboard vessel for full rotation
- Ability to understand hand signals and verbal commands in English
Certifications or Licenses
TWIC ‐ Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to tolerate rough seas, normal weather conditions, some climbing, vibrations, heat, confined spaces, stand for long periods of time, and high noise levels
- Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb stairs & ladders
Equal Employment Opportunity
Benefits at Hooks
We work hard to ensure that employees are compensated at or above industry standards.
Give us a call to discuss current rates.
Medical, Health & Dental
Medical insurance available after 60 days of employment. After 1 year, the employee's medical is covered by the company.
Health & Dental available after 90 days of employment.
401(k) + Matching
After 1 year of service, all employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with matching based on years of service.
Interested in a Career?
Advance your career within the dredging industry today! Browse our job openings and easily apply online with just a few simple clicks.