Essential Job Functions
Carpenters will work on a traveling crew, making repairs and performing renovations to living quarters on board the dredge located along the Gulf Coast. Most jobs will include duties such as:
- Installing wooden structures such as interior walls, partitions, joists, and stud work
- Designing and installing cabinets, shelving, fitted furniture, drywall and insulation, or other finish materials
- Adding fixtures and fittings such as door handles, locks, hinges, and closures
- Selecting lumber by size and strength to suit each job, requisitioning wood and materials required for the project
- Communicating with the Dredge Captain, Project Manager, or other supervisory personnel
- Reading blueprints or designing work to specifications required by the individual project location
- Abide by company and worksite safety policies to achieve a “Safety First” workplace
- Previous experience or an apprenticeship in carpentry
- Ability to design and construct interior walls, furnishings, or other items from blueprints, drawings, or oral instructions
- Experience using hand and power tools such as drills, nail guns, saws, and sanders
- Joinery or cabinet-making skills (preferred)
- Knowledge of building regulations, codes, and standard dimensions
Certifications or Licenses
- TWIC – Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be responsible for transport to and from project locations
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to tolerate rough seas, normal weather conditions, some climbing, vibrations, heat, confined spaces, stand for long periods of time, and high noise levels
- Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend, or stand for long periods of time, and climb stairs & ladders
Equal Employment Opportunity
Benefits at Hooks
We work hard to ensure that employees are compensated at or above industry standards.
Give us a call to discuss current rates.
Medical, Health & Dental
Medical insurance available after 60 days of employment. After 1 year, the employee's medical is covered by the company.
Health & Dental available after 90 days of employment.
401(k) + Matching
After 1 year of service, all employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with matching based on years of service.